D3 Office Group is a pro active office products distributor that specializes in office furniture, print and electronic office supplies. We are committed to minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment.
As at 10 December, 2009 our carbon footprint is 92.37Co2e.
Our ultimate goal from October, 2008 is to reduce this by 40% within three years.
We will do this in yearly increments as follows:
- 1st Year 25% (Achieved 26%)
- 2nd Year 8%
- 3rd Year 5%
Our environmental goals for the next 12 months are:
- We will implement route planning software that will link up with our back office computer system to make the vans runs more efficient;
- Reduce the electricity usage in the office by de-lamping and installing seven day timers on electrical equipment;
- Ensure all office equipment is turned off when not in use;
- Encourage Employees to use sustainable forms of transport to travel to work.
Every member of staff will see our target on the main company notice board and understand the importance of improving our environmental performance and will be encouraged to share any extra ideas.
I will communicate our progress by Team Meetings, Notice Board and email.
We will implement our policy by having a “Green Team Leader” in each area of the building who will be responsible for collating ongoing ideas for improvement.
Richard Denley will be the main person responsible for driving through the changes in order to reach our goals.
Joint Managing Director
10 December 2009